G33K-TRICKS: How to get an "apk" file of installed app in Android phone

Saturday, March 19, 2016

How to get an "apk" file of installed app in Android phone



Pull Android Apk from phones


Consider this scenario,
You have installed any app on your android phone now all of a sudden you feel, I should have that apk on my PC so whenever I want I can re install it again offline in-case I removed it from my phone.
Just a wild guess for scenario :)
So , this is what you need to do,
to get the APK file from the already installed application.
(Please note that you will need "adb" android utility to perform below steps)

adb shell pm list packages

 From the list of Packages get the name of that package which is similar to the one which
you want to get.
Say, you need Airbnb app to pull out of your phone, type,

 adb shell pm path com.airbnb.android  

To pull the apk from phone

adb pull /data/app/com.aibnb.android-1.apk .

(in the above command the "."(dot) denotes the current directory where adb binary is kept)

1 comment:

Andro Support said...

I really enjoy reading your article. I wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post I'd like to read this