G33K-TRICKS: Increase uTorrent speed

Friday, January 18, 2008

Increase uTorrent speed


uTorrent was very slow for me until recently I applied a few tweaks. Here’s what u can do.


Note: Some of the settings mentioned below are optimized for 256k connection. If you want to calculate the optimal settings for your connection, check at the end. I suggest you to read the entire tutorial for guidance on other settings.

First go to Options>Preferences>Connections
Under ‘Port used for incomming connections’, enter any port number. It is best to use a port number above 10000. I use 45693.
Randomize port each time utorrent starts: UNCHECKED. I leave this unchecked because I have a router. If you do not have a router or a firewall, and want extra security,check this option.
Enable UPnP port mapping (Windows Xp or later only): UNCHECKED. I leave this unchecked because I have experienced it slowing down speeds. It is not needed if you manually port forward.
Add utorrent to Windows Firewall exceptions (Windows XP SP2 or later only): UNCHECKED (do this only if you have windows firewall disabled)
Global Maximum upload rate (kb/s): [0: unlimited]: 22 (for 256k connection)
Protocol Encryption: ENABLED. I would recommend everyone to enable this. This can help increase speeds with many ISPs.
Allow incoming Legacy Connections: CHECKED



Many More To Come .
Wait And Watch

1 comment:

martin said...

Make sure you have got the info checked before you get the channel down for your streaming stick. As already stated, they've an expansion of episodes of the best antique indicates which we have all watched as youngsters while we grew up. You can easily activate pbs org account just go browsing into pbs.org/activate to get it activate on your device.

Best Regards – PBS Org